We are patients, too. We understand how a visit to your doctor’s office can sometimes be overwhelming. Depending upon the reason for your doctor’s visit, this checklist may help you prepare.
- Gather documents to bring to your doctor’s visit:
- Copies of any tests, x-rays, or medical histories relating to your medical problem.
- Completed new patient medical history questionnaire.
- Bring a list of all current medications taken on a regular basis, including over-the-counter and herbal medications.
- Review any special directions from your doctor about diet or medication restrictions prior to your appointment.
- Ask friends or relatives to accompany you if you wish. Depending on the type of appointment you have, you may need someone to take you home.
- Bring a sweater or coat. Our buildings are kept cool to protect and ensure the proper function of medical equipment.
Reminder calls are placed to the phone number we have on record to contact you within 48 hours of your scheduled appointment.
Your health is very important to us. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please follow the prompts on the reminder call to reschedule your appointment to a date and time that work for you and your schedule. You may also call the office directly to reschedule your appointment.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
To make the most of your appointment, be sure to ask your doctor any questions or express any concerns you have. If you’re not sure what to ask? Find some of our suggestions listed in the Questions for Your Doctor Guide.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
If you need to see another doctor, we will make every effort to schedule additional tests and consultations at the earliest available time.
If you need to be hospitalized, we will coordinate admitting arrangements and provide the hospital with information prior to your arrival.