Tuesday, Jan 13, 2015
January is Cervical Health Awareness Month, an important time to highlight health issues related to cervical cancer, HPV disease, and the importance of early detection. Did you know:
- More than 12,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with cervical cancer each year.
- Cervical cancer is the second most common type of cancer for women worldwide.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) is found in about 99% of cervical cancers.
- Cervical cancer is one of the most preventable types of the disease.
- The Gardasil vaccine has been shown to help prevent the HPV types that cause most cervical cancers. It is strongly recommended for females ages 9-26.
Tell a woman you love and encourage her to stay up-to-date on wellness exams. Is it time for your check-up? Call Harbin Clinic Women’s Health at 762-235-2710 in Rome or 470-490-7200 in Cartersville to make an appointment today!