Nerve Conduction Testing
NERVE CONDUCTION/ELECTROMYOGRAPHY TESTING (NCV/EMG)
NCV (NERVE CONDUCTION VELOCITY)
This test involves electrical stimulations applied to specific nerves in the upper and/or lower extremities. A Technician will perform this test.
This test involves the insertion of a small gauge needle into selected muscles of the upper and/or lower extremities. This needle is similar in size to an acupuncture needle and delivers NO medication or electrical stimulation. A Physician will perform this test.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR NCV/EMG TESTING
- SKIN MUST BE CLEAN AND DRY
- Please do not apply lotions, powder, gels, or other petroleum – based products prior to testing
- If you hand and/or feet are calloused, please soak 2-3 days in advance and remove old skin prior to testing.
- Please remove all jewelry prior to testing.
- Please turn off cellular phones prior to testing
- Due to limited space and the possibility of electrical interference, you may bring 1 person to the Testing Room with you.
If you are scheduled for NCV only, or if the Testing Physician is not your regular doctor, please keep you follow-up appointment to review the results of the test and to discuss treatment options.
If you have any further questions prior to you scheduled test, please call the office at 762-235-3550. Thank you.