Tuesday, Jan 20, 2015
This week marks Healthy Weight Week! Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is important for overall health and can help prevent serious conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. Follow these recommendations to stay within a healthy weight range and feel your best!
- Fill your plate with half vegetables, a quarter whole grains, and a quarter protein.
- Eat small meals frequently to keep your energy up and hunger down.
- Start your morning off right with a balanced breakfast.
- Stay hydrated! Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Be active at least 30 minutes per day with activities that you enjoy.
- Avoid comparing yourself to others; everyone’s healthy weight is different!
Do you need help managing your weight? Your Harbin Clinic primary care physician can offer guidance and support to help you reach your wellness goals. Need a primary care doctor? Call 888.427.2461 to make an appointment with one of our dedicated physicians.